Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Auto Ambulator

Deb and I heard of a rehabilitation program by HealthSouth Rehabilitation using a revolutionary tool called the Auto Ambulator. The machine actually moves the patient around in a walking motion while allowing the person's unused muscles to do as much of the work as possible. My wife wrote to the physical therapist in charge of the Auto Ambulator program in Erie, PA (HealthSouth's nearest location). I believe his name was Sean. He returned my wife's email. He told her to contact a doctor at the Cleveland Clinic hear in Ohio who did some work with Christopher Reeves, and told her to say he referred her. I think its amazing that he responded so quickly. He also said that it would probably take massive amounts of exercise for my wife to walk again but that it might be worth the effort. So, keep us in your prayers and your positive vibrations!

No comments: