Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Miracles DO Happen!

I know its been quite some time since I posted here. Primarily, we have been busy with the move to our new home and getting the computer and broadband set up again. I have WONDERFUL news and I just wish I could post video here. Debbie actually moved a major muscle group in her legs, pulling her knees towards each other! This is something she hasn't been able to do for 17 years. The movement was slight but quite visible as she lay on the bed. I tried to get a good video of it, but after I got her sweatpants on (couldn't have it x-rated), it seems her muscles had tire out and the movement wasn't as pronounced on the video, but if you watch closely, it can be seen. We were both so extremely elated that I was jumping up and down like Herman Munster at his birthday party and Deb could barely speak. We shared the good news with her sister, Suzette, who reveled in the excitement as well. The only other person that Deb mentioned it to was her herbalist, who just kind of looked at her as if to say, "ok, that's nice"...almost as if she were not surprised at all that Deb would be making progress.
The kind of buzz that I got from this happening was enough to have me walking on air for days. How easy is it to be joyful and energetic after witnessing such a miracle. I am so grateful and elated for being able to see the love of my life make strides toward something we once thought was impossible. Please join me in giving thanks and praying for her continued progress. Thanks!

No comments: